Monday, March 10, 2008

Concealor

Alot of people are confused about concealors. Do they go on before foundation? After? I have heard this question a million times, so I thought it would be the best thing to address today---BUT, you're probably not going to like this answer.
The first real rule is that creams go before powders- therefore, concealor should go before a powder foundation. But when it comes to liquid foundations it's all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Cheap cop out, right? I personally like to put concealor on AFTER my liquid or cream foundation for two reasons...

1. I feel like I blend all of my concealor off if I rub my foundation on top of it.

2. I try to get as much coverage out of my foundation first so that I can use a lot less concealor. I feel like it makes my foundation look more natural.

The best advice I can give you about concealor is to get one with a peachy or pinker tone to go under the eye area. The peachy tone will work to neutralize the blue/purple tone that dark undereye circles cast (this works on hyperpigmentation spots too!) And use a small fluffy brush to blend it out under the eye (think 217 brush from MAC) this way you won't get a big cakey mess under there. I like to use a good synthetic flat brush to lay it on pimples and dark spots so you can get a fuller coverage there.

No comments: